Thursday, March 03, 2005

Teather


P1010039
Originally uploaded by mchughtie.
I'd like you to meet Heather, my sister, and her boyfriend, Ted. As a combined force, they provide a lot of hair to the world that might not have otherwise been there. Let's extend a huge "thankyou" to them when we have the chance. Here is something about Ted: He contributed a lot of inspiration to my first one-act play "Spirit in Flesh" (You will learn about this later.) He is also to thank for the line "Hooters: the degradation of strippping without all that pesky cash." Here now, is something about Heather: She is the person I am most genetically similar to in all the world. What does this mean? It is god's way of saying "har, har." But a real thing about Heather: she is smart. She was my muse for a comic book I wrote about a genetically engineered eggplant that could talk. Heather understands that the world is a joke, but she got that joke so long ago that she doesn't think it's funny anymore. Heather is smarter than you or me, but she won't wave it in your face.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that one could see Heather and glory in her laugh and her music and her chocolate and her stories and her hair and her colleen's-big-sister-ness...

5:52 PM  
Blogger mchughtie said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to state that I've been corrected. Ted decided to let me go on thinking that the line involved the words "pesky" cash, but insists now that the quote was indeed "troublesome" cash. There goes all my journalistic credibility.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home