Sunday, September 11, 2005

M be Jang Dorong


Caroline and Jay
Originally uploaded by mchughtie.
Mandinka Kango mang kuleya, bari m man moyi foloo.

That's where I'm at this week, as I wait to swear in as an official volunteer, waiting to greet the home people. I'm trying to buy gas to cook with but it takes two gele buses and a boat ride to get to the one place the border closure hasn't affected. A new home, a new name, a new stomach with an alien gestating within and a mild fever all fill my time right now. But it's fun to be here in front of this glowing screen again, like something I used to know how to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin MacLachlan said...

I am here too! Hold my hand, silly.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wo beteeyata. i ning baara. M be nung Gambia fanaang 2003-2004, Peace Corps. N hakilo lung wo lung be Gambia aning moo jamaa meng be je ye n meeyaa baake. I ye meng wo meng miira mandinka kang karango le la, i si tenteng fo i yaa moyi kuuke. Nii ka noo wuluu. Ning i lafita ning n kacaa i ye e-mail kii nang mandinka323@yahoo.com. m mandinka too mu Faanding Sanneh le ti. America too mu Isaac le ti. Moo jamaa meng be Peace Corps la Offisoo to yaa long ne ko m mu jumaa le ti. Alamaa kayiroo siyaa la.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home