Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This week's headlines


  • I manage to get a passport photo that doesn't suck.
  • Mom calls to let me know that the skateboarding bulldog will be appearing on Oprah this Wednesday.
  • Coffee shop employees discover my "alternate establishments" tactic to not seem like a complete loafer, which may lead to developing a hobby.
  • A mustachioed debauchee follows me in his van and offers me a date midday. Could Greenfield actually be a safer town at night?
  • I am visited by the "Ghost of birthdays past" including photographic evidence of a mutual and decidedly amateur lap-dance, as well as a half-eaten cake, on which I am nonetheless blowing the candles out for a second go at my wish.
  • My 20's end much the way the 20's did, with extreme deflation. Dirty 30's to commence this weekend. A recent acquaintance eases the potential fear with this statement: "Turning 30 is no big deal. I've done it a few times."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Lovely pictures. I wonder who the wise 30-something was?

2:45 PM  
Blogger ChristoG said...

Decidedly amateur...perhaps you lowered the curve? It was good for me anyway.

3:11 PM  
Blogger mchughtie said...

What we lacked in actual lap-dance skill, Chris, we certainly made up for in charisma. And I felt a lot less dirty afterwards. Happy birthday to you, too!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you like my new van?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

oh, you kids have so much fun!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home